Important Update - please read
Updated - Sep 2020
As communities around the world are struggling with Coronavirus (COVID-19), I wanted to reach out and inform you of the steps we're taking to continue our focus on keeping everyone safe and healthy.
Despite the instability caused by the spread of COVID19 we are doing our utmost to operate as close as possible to business as usual. Currently, all classes and courses are going ahead, we are reviewing this situation on a regular basis. We have brought in some extra precautions:
Updates for your safety and staff safety
- To comply with recent UK Guidelines for our business we are reducing class sizes to 5 participants plus the tutor.
- You should now have received a public health email or text message to down the NHS Track and Trace app. All class attendees are now required to scan in on entry. You can access the latest app here. https://www.covid19.nhs.uk/information-and-resources.html
- Every attendee will be required to wear a face mask, which you will need to bring (we do have some available).
- Please maintain your distance while waiting to enter class and read the signage on display. We will be welcoming one student in a time unless they are from the same family. All attendees will be inducted on entry and led to their covid19 secure workstation for the session.
- Hand sanitizer is provided to be used throughout the class.
- All tools and work areas are sanitised before and after each class. The school is also cleaned regularly.
- Everything is provided at your work areas to minimise movement through the school.
- Each attendee will need to provide their own lunch and hot drinks (flask). Unfortunately, while social distancing must be observed we will be unable to provide catering. We will provide individual bottles of water for each student, each bottle of water is wiped with antibacterial santiser before being handed over by the tutor who will wear clean disposable gloves to distribute.
- Each student will need to provide a contact name and telephone number.
- Please wash your hands on entering the studio, facilities are provided.
- Please limit physical contact amongst the class, where possible.
- Please ensure distances are maintained where possible.
If you are unwell, experiencing any symptoms or self-isolating, please do not attend and we will move your booking to another date.
If you are in a high-risk category, we recommend that you book a course later in the year.
If you are pregnant or over 70, we recommend you book a course later in the year.
Please be aware that these guidelines are subject to change depending on the government guidelines.
In the light of the situation, we have updated our cancellation policy, If you cancel within 48 hours of your class or course, we will look at transferring you to a date later in the year. Certain material costs are involved with our class/ courses and as I'm sure you can understand as a small business, it is difficult to cover these, thus cancellations made after this time, we will only be able to transfer half the value of the fee you paid. Demonstration evening tickets can be cancelled at 24 hours notice and we will move you to a future month.
If we need to make any cancellations we will notify you at the earliest opportunity and will look to re-run the class/ course at a later date in the year.
If you need to cancel please let us know at the earliest opportunity via email or call the studio.
We are also extending any gift vouchers running out in 2020 by one year.
Due to the fluidity of the current situation, we are monitoring the situation and we will keep you informed with any further measures we may need to take and any postponements of upcoming courses.
Thank you for taking the time to read this message, please take care of yourselves.
Kind regards and well wishes,
The Berkshire Flower School Team